Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sharon Is On Her Way Home

Arturo on the right
The Grill
Tues. Jan 13

Sharon is on her way home tonight and will be in Buffalo tomorrow afternoon. I took her to the airport this evening and made sure she got thru all the formalities without difficulty.
This afternoon, Sharon and I went back to the restaurant “Rancho Del Che”, which was closed yesterday, and had a fantastic meal. The restaurant is an Argentinean Grill where they specialize in meat dishes, like steak, ribs and things like that. We had the entire restaurant to ourselves, and where waited on very cordially by Arturo, our waiter and cook, since there was no one else there at that time of the afternoon (2:oo pm). The meat is cooked outside over a wood fired grill and comes to the table on a metal dish with hot coals underneath. So, if it's not cooked to your liking, you can literally grill it at your table. If you’re ever in the area, I recommend stopping in. Tomorrow morning I’m getting the new Metzler Tourance tires installed on the bike. I was very pleasantly surprised at the price. I expected the tires to cost me in the $600.00 range, like it did in the BMW dealer back home, but the total came to a little over $360.00 plus mount and balance. I can live with that. I plan to start the big trip to “Tierra Del Fuego” on Thursday if all goes as planned. Talking with the owner of the motorcycle tire shop, he told me that to get to Ushuaia should take me less than a week if you don’t stop too many times. Well, I want to see some of the spectacular scenery on my way, so I will go at my pace since I have the time. That’s it for now. Stay warm! 91 degrees here again today with a cloudless sky! Gotta love it?

No comments: