Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Good News and Bad News

Front tire on the left, rear tire on the right
The good news is the new Metzler Tourance tires are on the bike. A nice aggressive tread for the off road portions of the trip. The bad news is, they ain't going anywhere before Saturday. I stopped by the BMW dealer this afternoon to say hola, and in conversation, I discovered that the bike is just about due for the 10,000 km. (6200 mi.) service. So... tomorrow, Thursday, afternoon I will drop off my bike and pick up a little BMW 650 as a loaner. The service will be done on Friday, and I can pick my bike up on Fri. afternoon and start heading south early on Saturday. There was a guy from Mexico at the BMW dealer that is heading in the same direction as I am, and his bike is also in for service, so there is the slight possibility that we might travel together. Another guy I've been in email contact with is in the Bariloche, Argentina area and is also heading south at the same time. We'll see! Stay tuned. 91 and sunny! Again.

No comments: