Monday, January 12, 2009

A little background on Chufquen

This is the front side of my Aunt's house in Chufquen
Machinery buildings and warehouses for wheat
The main road into the Ranch. Building on the right is a repair shop. Office and one room school house are to the right behind the trees.
Some of the wheat fields
Oat fields Mon. Jan 12

Well, yesterday’s trip from Chufquen to Santiago took us eight hours with stops, just like the trip down. I thought I would give you a little look at what the farm looks like, so Sharon and I jumped on the bike and went out to take pictures. The main house dates back to, probably the early 1800's. Near as I can figure, the Ranch is about 2500 Acres total. Today, Monday, I had to run around re registering the motorcycle, and I also had to get more time on my Internet service, because the introductory amount ran out a few days ago. Those few things took all morning. In the afternoon, I took Sharon to the restaurant where I had such a good steak here in Santiago last year. Unfortunately today is Monday, and all the restaurants in that area where closed. Better luck tomorrow I hope. So we ended up at a little place here in Chile called “TGI Friday’s”. A decent meal, but no Argentinean steak. That’s it! Stay warm….no problemo here!! 91degrees today and not a cloud!

No comments: