Saturday, January 24, 2009

Next Stop....Puerto Montt

Lago Llanquihue in Puerto Varas from the Hotel
This morning.....not quite the same! (Sat Jan. 24)
Fri. Jan. 23

I left Chufquen Friday morning at 9:45 and rode south to Puerto Montt arriving there about 2:30pm. The first thing I did was to go to the “Naviera Austral”, the Ferry Company and purchase my ticket for the Sunday morning trip to Chaiten, Chile. The ferry is scheduled to leave at 10:00am, but from what I have learned; punctuality is not one of their strong suits. (Sat Jan. 24) Right now I am in Puerto Varas, Chile just north of Puerto Montt, and I thought I would do some sight seeing today, but since it’s POURING and there’s a pretty stiff wind, I think I’ll pass. I think I will try to get to Quellon, at the southern end of the island of Chiloe. That’s where the Ferry leaves from on Sunday. Getting to the island involves a Ferry crossing as well, though this one is a much shorter trip. Should be interesting, given the weather today.

No comments: