Saturday, January 3, 2009

Man Is It HOT!

Sat. Jan 3, 2009

Hello from HOT Chile! The temperature here in Santiago today has to be over 90 degrees. No snow anywhere, except the tops of the Andes Mountains. If you are reading this, you must have gathered by now that I managed to obtain an Internet Connection. Sharon and I rode the bike over to one of the big malls near my Aunt’s house this morning. What woman would pass up a chance to go to a Mall no matter where it is? There we found a kiosk where they sold Cell Phones and the like. There is a mobile phone company here called “Claro” and they offer a mobile broad band service for your lap top, so we got it and now we are good to go with the Net. The unit is not much larger than a USB Flash Drive, and plugs into a USB port on the computer. As a matter of fact, it has a Flash Drive built in. How’s that for practical? Also, if you want to contact me by eMail, please send all eMail to thebmwrider@live.com while I am in Chile. I’ve spent most of the afternoon installing all the accessories I had brought down here for the bike, and now everything is on the bike and ready to go. I think Sharon and I might take a ride up to Cerro San Cristobal to watch the sunset over Santiago tonight. Cerro San Cristobal is a small mountain that the city of Santiago wraps around. I’ll update you later on how that went. Hasta luego for now!

No comments: