Thursday, February 5, 2009

To Torres Del Paine

Unfortunately the Towers were behind the clouds
Guanacos are everywhere in the Park, by the hundreds
Spectacular scenery!
Mon Feb. 2

Leaving Puerto Natales this morning I headed to Torres Del Paine National Park in Chile. It took about two hours to reach the Park, some of the road being gravel, especially in the Park it’s self. The closer I got to the Park, the more beautiful the scenery became. The Park is quite large and I didn’t have enough time to see it all, but I did get to see the world famous towers that the park is named for. Unfortunately the peaks were shrouded in clouds and I managed to take one picture that barely shows them, after waiting quite a while. One interesting thing was the hundreds of Guanacos in the park. They were literally everywhere, some grazing, some sitting and some where playing some kind of game where one jumps on the back of the other one to get a piggy back ride, or something like that. Any how, I stayed about an hour or two, then headed out of the park and back into Argentina to start my trip north. I drove all the way to Puerto Santa Cruz on the east coast, the town that I stayed in on the way south, where the Argentine Army base is. There, I fueled up and went to the same hotel as before.

No comments: