Friday, February 27, 2009

The Party Is Over !!

Notice the Elevation!
This is what it looks like up there, looking toward Santiago in the smog below.
Fri. 27 Feb.

Today I decided to go high into the Andes, since it’s my last full day here….nine thousand, two hundred and seventy five feet high, to be exact. Translated into Spanish numbers it would look like this 9,725Ft. That’s as far as I could go as I headed up to the Farellones ski area just outside Santiago. Up there, there are a number of very nice ski villages that have got to be a beehive of activity here in the winter. There are more Restaurants, Pubs and beautiful Ski Chalets up there than you can shake a ski pole at. Unfortunately not a one is open at this time of year. I’ll bet it would be a great place to work for a winter! This is the construction season there. Many people building and repairing things up there today. If you want to go to Google Earth and see where I was, copy and paste these coordinates into the search window:
-33.3334305555556, -70.286275

Other than that, it was a sad day, because I started to pack things away that I probably won’t see until next year. Bike things! Worst of all, tomorrow I have to put the bike away since I will be hopping a plane to New York’s JFK International at 9:05pm local, tomorrow night. 7:05pm for all of you back home. I really like this bike and I’m going to miss it! Oh well, it's been one hell of an adventure!!! Where can we go next year?

No comments: