Saturday, December 13, 2008

Metzler Bike Tires In Chile

MX Moto, Santiago, Chile
Good news on the Tire front. Eric Cleaveland, a good friend of mine that just returned from a ride from the southern most point in South America to Alaska, recommended the Metzler Tourance tires for the rough gravel roads in Chile and Argentina. So I did a little investigating and found a Metzler dealer in Santiago, Chile http://www.mx.cl/ . Yesterday I called the dealer in Chile and spoke with Jorge to see what the availability would be for the Tourance tires. Jorge told me "No Problemo" and has set two tires aside for me so when I start my trip to Ushuaia, I will start on a new set of Tourance tires.
As you can see from the picture above, the Tourance has a nice aggressive tread, but is also a good highway and wet road tire. Users of this tire have reported very good off road handling as well as long life for this tire.

No comments: